As the largest pit bull rescue in Indiana, we are only limited by the number of dogs we can save by the number of foster homes available. All of the dogs in our rescue are living as a family member in a foster family!
We receive more requests for help than we could ever honor and hope that our work brings us to a day when there are less pit bulls that are deemed expendable. So where do we get our dogs from? The majority of the dogs that we rescue come from Indiana shelters. Occasionally with partner with another rescue to help them move a dog by pulling that dog into our rescue. Typically, the rescue that is requesting assistance is not a pit bull focused group and therefore, the pit bull in their rescue is not receiving media attention.
No dog is pulled into the rescue without being seen and evaluated by a Casa del Toro volunteer.
Please note that because we are an all volunteer organization we are limited in the amount of resources we can extend, including our ability to travel to distant areas in the state of Indiana. We do not typically adopt outside of the state of Indiana, and applicants that are generally more than an hour outside of the greater Indianapolis area may be referred to another rescue or shelter closer to their proximity. We review each application carefully, and we require personal references as well as a home visit prior to adoption.
- $200 - adult
- $150 - senior (8 years & up)
- Spay/neuter surgery (every dog is altered prior to adoption)
- Rabies vaccination
- Up-to-date on all routine, annual vaccinations (DAPPv and Bordetella)
- Up-to-date on all monthly flea, tick, and heart worm preventative
- Heartworm tested
- All supplies needed: crate, food, toys, etc.
- Free basic obedience training class
We provide everything you need to help you get off on the right foot (or paw) with your next best friend!
- All animals in the household will be altered (spay/neutered) unless there is a medical condition that prohibits altering.
- All animals in the household will be up-to-date on annual vaccinations and monthly flea, tick or heat worm preventative.
Please take your time and complete the entire application. Your thorough answers enable us to determine if we have a perfect match for your home. If you have any questions please contact: email@example.com.
What to expect next?
A Casa del Toro volunteer will call you to complete a 15 minute phone questionnaire. Please have a vet reference and two personal references available. Thank you for considering a Casa del Toro pit bull as your next pet!